Bounce House Safety Information
- We will need at least 4 feet of space around all the sides of the bounce house for staking and or tie downs.
- Ensure there are no tree limbs or power lines that would be too close to the inflatable.
- Underground facilities: Do you have a sprinkler system? How about any underground gas, water, or power lines. If the inflatable will be setup in an area containing these items please have these locations marked. Dig Safely NY is available to help you in locating any of these facilities: Dig Safely NY can be reached at 1-800-962-7962 or on the web at: www.digsafelynewyork.com
- If you don't know where your sprinkler lines are, or gas, water, or power lines, let your us know in advance so we can bring the appropriate amount of weighted sandbags or concrete to secure the bounce house without staking.
- Make sure the entire event area is clear of debris, including sticks, rocks, toys, and animal waste.
Bounce Houses, slides, and other inflatables cannot be used in poor weather. In addition to rain, inflatables are not safe to use if the winds exceed 20 miles per hour.
During Your Event
- Follow the rules: your inflatable will have a sign built onto it near the entrance posting the rules created by the manufacturer of the inflatable. Know them and follow them.
- No shoes, jewelry, food or drink: anyone entering your bouncer must remove their shoes, jewelry, watches, etc. This includes sharp object like keys from pockets. Anything that could fall out and scratch the inflatable. It's safer all around, and you don't want a repair cost deducted from your deposit! Likewise food, drinks, and gum should be kept out. Also note that no silly string can be used in an inflatable - the chemicals will damage the vinyl.
- Split kids by size: most significant injuries on bouncers come from having large kids mixed in with smaller ones. Bouncers are, bouncy :) . Regardless of temperament or intent, the kids will be bumping and falling into each other. Make sure that only children of about the same size are in the bouncer at any one time. Rotate them in and out in shifts by size.
- Getting out: the step leading out of a bouncer is inflatable and bouncy too, and getting out can be awkward. This is the most common area for scraped knees and elbows . Make sure an adult is available to help people out of the bouncer.
- Supervise: jumping and sliding and climbing is great fun, but you want to make sure things don't get out of hand. A responsible adult should be observing each of the inflatables at all times to make sure things stay under control.With this information in mind you should be prepared to host a smooth and problem-free party or event. We hope you enjoy your inflatable and the attention that it's sure to bring!
- All bounce houses are sewn using high quality thread from American and Efrid.
- Our netting is a small mesh that is easy to see through, and does not allow children to put their fingers through. Our netting is rated at 10,000 psi, and meets NFPA 701 Small and Large Scale standard.
Flower City Party Rentals cannot not set up your Bounce House or Moonwalk in rainy or windy conditions as safety is our utmost priority. Deposits will be refunded in these circumstances. Please allow for an additional 3 feet around the perimeter of the Inflatable for the staking of the unit.